The most general type of Arthritis, osteoarthritis develops when cartilage in your joints breaks down over time. Though this condition can impact any joint in your body, however people generally notice it in their hands, knees, spine, or hips. Regarding the same, consuming some foods will help you in battling the inflammation caused by Osteoarthritis.
- Soy – In case you are somebody who cannot eat fish, however still want to get the pain-fighting advantages of the omega-3 fatty acids, you might pick soybeans which are also healthy for your heart. Regarded good for rheumatoid arthritis, they are high in fiber, protein as well as low in fat.
- Onions and Garlic – Both of them have the compound, known as diallyl disulfide that might better osteoarthritis’ symptoms for a lot of sufferers as well as help in slowing down cartilage’s damage. Also, these can be amazing additions to the stir-fry delicacies.
- Oily Fish – It has a lot of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids. Along with this, these polyunsaturated fats contain anti-inflammatory characteristics so they could prove to be advantageous to those people who are suffering from osteoarthritis. If you are suffering from this problem, it is suggested to consume at least a single portion of the oily fish every week.
- Beans – Fiber in the beans can assist lower C-reactive protein levels in your blood. They also have an immune system and heart benefits as well as are rich in magnesium, folic acid, potassium, zinc, and iron.
- Dairy – Cheese, Milk, and Yogurt are rich in vitamin D and calcium which enhance bone strength and can improve the painful symptoms.
- Cherries – According to research, cherries have anthocyanins which might be anti-inflammatory. You can also get Anthocyanin by consuming purple and red-colored fruits such as blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Nuts – Pistachios, walnuts, and almonds have healthy monosaturated fats as well as can combat the inflammation issue. Also, they contain magnesium, fiber, and vitamin E.
- Broccoli – It contains the compound known as sulforaphane that according to researchers may slow osteoarthritis’ progression. Furthermore, the vegetable is rich in vitamins C and K, and bone-strengthening calcium.