Womenfolk have many gifts granted to them by nature – including childbirth and reproductive abilities. In order to achieve motherhood, they must undergo regular menstruation cycle (also known as periods). But an internal disorder by name polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) haunts many women, from getting regular periods. What is PCOS? The simple answer is PCOS is a hormone-related problem, women in the child-bearing age group of 15 to 44 years get. The ovaries of women produce hormones – estrogen and progesterone to regulate the menstrual cycle. Those who have PCOS disorder erratically produce “cysts” in the ovaries; and abnormal production of male hormones, whereby their menstrual cycle gets disturbed or they get no periods at all. After extensive Research, the Scientists have found PCOS disorder can be controlled by maintaining a healthy diet – Polycystic ovary syndrome diet. The PCOS diet is recommended with a view to offset the imbalance and set right the body functions to become normal. Food items with high-fiber, lean protein, and anti-inflammatory qualities are ideal, as follows:
- Vegetables with high-fiber such as Broccoli, Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts etc.
- Greens of all varieties, particularly lettuce and spinach
- Beans and lentil as also sweet potato
- Nuts like almonds, walnut, coconut, cashew, and soy-nuts etc.
- Fruits like Apple, Blueberries, Strawberries, and Avocado etc.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fish items with Omega-3 like Salmon and Sardines etc.
- Olive Oil and oils with less fat content
- Gluten-free whole grains like brown rice etc.
Check Natural treatment of PCOS!
PCOS-Endobal, Yin(PC), MJR (F)